We are proud to present this fantastic 2008 Honda S2000 CR finished in beautiful Rio Yellow Pearl. Only 699 units of the S2000 “Club Racer” were produced, and few remain today in this striking condition. See our “About the CR” writeup below to learn more about this special S2000 variant.
This CR is the 186th built of 699 cars. It is 1 of 140 CRs finished in Rio Yellow Pearl, making this color rarer than Berlina Black (269 cars) or Apex Blue Pearl (200 cars). It is fitted with the A/C & Radio option, making this example usable in all climates.
This CR has had 4-owners from new. It was sold new at Courtesy Honda (now Autonation Honda) in Sanford, FL. The first owner in Florida drove the car to 22,000 miles over 4 years. It was sold to a 2nd owner in North Carolina in September 2012, and a 3rd owner in California in September 2013, a multi-time S2000 owner and forum contributor. Finally, it was sold to the 4th and current owner, a car enthusiast in Los Angeles, in June 2018. He planned to use the car as a daily driver, but upon realizing how nice the condition was he never did, and feels it is better suited to a collector owner.
31,600 miles. 4-owners. No accidents. 100% clean Carfax. All 10 VIN tags present & matching. Stock. Clean title.
This S2000 CR is in original & unmodified condition. The car has been cared for to an exceptional degree, and drives as any low-mileage example should. All accessories work as they should inside & out. I have sourced, owned, driven, and sold countless S2000s and can confidently say this is a great example.
Engine oil changed in September 2019. Differential fluid, clutch fluid, and brake fluid were all last completed in April 2018. A valve adjustment was performed in May 2019.
Please note the tires are Bridgestone RE-11s with 2010 date codes in the rear and 2012 date codes in the front.
All original paint, verified by professional paint meter – with the exception of the passenger rear fender, which according to paint meter readings has been professionally refinished. An observer without a paint meter would not notice this paintwork *at all,* as evidenced by the photos.
All 10 VIN tags in place & matching.
The front of the car is almost entirely free of stone chips due to the clear bra, aside from 1 or 2 small chips on the front lip. The passenger side of the rear bumper has two small touched up marks. The car is free of dings, aside from a few small ones on the passenger rear fender which could be removed easily via paintless ding repair (PDR) (budget around $100 for this). The front passenger wheel has a very slight curb rash in one spot, see full photoshoot.
No scratches are present, the and the paint overall shows exceptionally with no swirls.
Interior is fantastic. Some replaceable interior seat-belt related plastic areas have some scratching, otherwise zero issues.
The undercarriage is clean and free of any surface rust or corrosion.
- Original window sticker.
- Main key, extra key, and both fobs.
- Original tonneau cover side pieces.
About the CR:
The S2000 CR or “Club Racer” is the most hardcore S2000 version offered worldwide, and was only sold in the S2000’s most successful market, the USA. The model was considered to be a retirement gift from Shigeru Uehara, the legendary chief engineer behind the original NSX, the S2000, and various hardcore Honda Type R variants. It is completely revised from a standard S2000, significantly stiffer, and intended for serious club racing track use while still retaining street legal status.
Changes from a standard S2000 include:
- 57-lbs weight savings versus a standard S2000 (when equipped with A/C & Radio).
- Sound deadening completely removed throughout.
- Springs, dampers, and sway bars stiffened to a high level, intended for serious track use.
- Aggressive front lip & rear spoiler, wind-tunnel tested to reduce lift by 70%-80% at speed.
- Removal of soft top for weight reduction, replaced by an OEM hardtop (painted in Berlina Black), an aerodynamically-optimized body color tonneau cover, and a rear brace which increases chassis vertical rigidity by a full 94%.
- Quicker steering ratio than standard, intended for immediate turn-in at the track, along with steering rack stiffeners that contribute to greater steering feel & less rack deflection.
- Less restrictive exhaust mufflers, resulting in a deeper sound.
- Spare tire deleted & replaced with a tire inflation kit for weight reduction.
- Bridgestone RE070 tires with wider rear sizing (the same tires as used on the NA2 NSX-R).
- Unique interior with suede-like surfaces, a grippy seat center material in a unique Black / Yellow pattern (similar to the Recaro “Tomcat” pattern), lightweight CR-specific shift knob, carbon fiber pattern center console, yellow stitching, and a “peak power indicator” in the dash readout.
- Grey-painted wheels, clear side markers, & matte black badges.