Just 3,985-miles from new and all original. Likely the best example extant of the rarest, most hardcore, and most collectible version of the Honda S2000.
We are pleased with the opportunity to present the most desirable and rare version of one of the most defining Japanese sports cars of a generation. 1 of only 59 produced in the special A/C-Radio “Delete” specification.
With only 3,985 original-miles, this 2008 Honda S2000 CR “Delete” is one of only a few no-stories examples that remain in circulation. It is finished in its original CR-specific color combination of Apex Blue Pearl (B-554P) over Black / Yellow interior (Type N). This CR, as mentioned above, is 1 of 59 produced in A/C-Radio “Delete” specification, and only 1 of 21 of those cars made in the only CR-specific color offered, Apex Blue Pearl.
The S2000 “Club Racer” was the most hardcore S2000 version offered worldwide, and was only sold in the S2000’s most successful market, the USA. The model was considered to be a retirement gift from Shigeru Uehara, the legendary chief engineer behind the original NSX, the S2000, and various hardcore Honda Type R variants. It is completely revised from a standard S2000, significantly stiffer, and intended for serious club racing track use while still retaining street legal status.
Changes from a standard S2000 include:
- A/C-Radio optional. “Delete” models such as this car shaved 42 lbs off the curb weight from this option alone. Total weight loss vs. a standard S2000 was around 100 lbs, despite added CR-unique performance items.
- Sound deadening completely removed throughout.
- Springs, dampers, and sway bars stiffened to an extreme level, intended for serious track use.
- Aggressive front lip & rear spoiler, wind-tunnel tested to reduce lift by 70%-80% at speed.
- Removal of soft top for weight reduction, replaced by an OEM hardtop (painted in Berlina Black), an aerodynamically-optimized body color tonneau cover, and a rear brace which increases chassis vertical rigidity by a full 94%.
- Quicker steering ratio than standard, intended for immediate turn-in at the track, along with steering rack stiffeners that contribute to greater steering feel & less rack deflection.
- Less restrictive exhaust mufflers, resulting in a deeper sound.
- Spare tire deleted & replaced with a tire inflation kit for weight reduction.
- Bridgestone RE070 tires with wider rear sizing (the same tires as used on the NA2 NSX-R).
- Unique interior with suede-like surfaces, a grippy seat center material in a unique Black / Yellow pattern (similar to the Recaro “Tomcat” pattern), lightweight CR-specific shift knob, carbon fiber pattern center console, yellow stitching, and a “peak power indicator” in the dash readout.
- Grey-painted wheels, clear side markers, matte black badges, and the availability of the unique Apex Blue Pearl color (offered due to it being Uehara’s favorite color).
This S2000 CR “Delete” is in 100% original & unmodified condition. It has had 3 registered owners from new. Each owner has pampered this car to a level we have not seen before on any S2000, let alone a CR version. The car drives as a brand-new example would.
This S2000 CR retains its original paint (verified by paint metering). A full fluids service was completed prior to our purchase, and we completed an oil change and Honda battery replacement this year. Tires are like-new Bridgestone RE71Rs.
While we usually hesitate to overstate a vehicle’s condition, it is safe to say that this S2000 CR has zero flaws whatsoever, and is in essentially perfect condition!
The car is paired with the following:
- All original keys, including two fobs, two “S2000” keys, one normal key, and one valet key.
- Original books and manuals.
- Original tonneau cover side pieces with instructions.
- S2000 CR hardtop cover.
- S2000 CR cover for top-off use (for parking car when top is off).
- Custom-fitted S2000 CR car cover.